Ted Laszlo founded Laszlo & Associates in 2001 following 20 years of working in corporate law departments and private practice. After launching his career at TLT-Babcock, a leading manufacturer of power generation equipment in Akron, Ohio, he managed product liability litigation for Hobart Corporation, the world’s leading food equipment manufacturer.
In 1986, Ted left Hobart for private practice and became a partner with Thompson, Hine & Flory, a Cleveland-based national law firm where he concentrated his practice on general civil litigation with an emphasis on product liability and toxic torts. Eight years later, he joined the law department of The B.F. Goodrich Company, where he served successively as Senior Litigation Counsel, Senior Benefits Counsel, and Group Business Counsel for Goodrich Aerospace.
A recognized leader in defending toxic tort and product liability claims, Ted brings to the firm extensive trial experience in federal and state courts and arbitration tribunals across the country. His range of experience includes:
- For Hobart Corporation: National Trial Counsel for product liability litigation, including jury trials in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, and Texas.
- For Flintkote Company and Flintkote Mines, Ltd: National Trial and Coordinating Counsel for asbestos bodily injury and property damage litigation, including jury trials in New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Colorado.
- For Simon RO Corporation: Regional Trial Counsel for aerial lift device litigation.
- For The B.F.Goodrich Company: Senior Litigation Counsel, including representing the company in an employee benefits class action suit, private anti-trust litigation, and a jury trial of an employment contract dispute.
- For Morton Salt: Workers' Compensation Counsel for Morton’s Fairport, Ohio, mine, including numerous appearances before industrial commissions and workers compensation boards, a jury trial, and several appeals.
- For Goodrich Aerospace: Group Counsel for the company's Everett, Washington-based maintenance, repair, and overhaul business, including numerous appearances before the Federal Aviation Administration and a jury trial in U.S. District Court, which involved a complex contract dispute over airplane maintenance for America West Airlines.
- For Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America: National Coordinating Counsel for asbestos litigation.
- For Heartland Insulation, Inc.: Counsel for corporate compliance, employment relations, litigation, distributor relationships, and contract administration.
- For Leonhardt Vineyards LLC: General legal counsel to a start-up vineyard and winery, with responsibility for providing counsel on corporate compliance, distributor and contractor relationships, and regulatory compliance.
- For Kimbelina, LLC: General legal counsel to start-up consumer textile product manufacturer and retailer, with responsibility for corporate compliance, intellectual property, contract relations, and regulatory compliance.
Ted received his law degree from the University of Akron School of Law. He is admitted to the State Bars of Ohio, Washington, and Colorado; the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Ohio and the District of Colorado; and the Fifth, Sixth, and Tenth United States Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
Robert Morris College, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1977
B.S.B.A., Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Past Employment Positions:
- Thompson, Hine & Flory, Partner
Law Department of The B.F. Goodrich Company, Senior Litigation Counsel, Senior Benefits Counsel