AVOID A DUI ARREST: 5 points to know if you are stopped for suspicion of DUI
- A statement that you had “just one beer” or “a couple of beers earlier tonight” will not help you avoid arrest. These kind of statement will almost always be used against you in Court.
- The road side examinations are 100% voluntary and you do not have to take part in any of these subjective tests.
- Pursuant to Colorado’s express consent law – a driver in the state of Colorado is required to provide a blood or breath sample when properly requested and directed to do so by a law enforcement officer who has probable cause to make such request. If you refuse, you lose your license for a period of one year.
- A breath test is, generally speaking, a less precise way to measure your blood alcohol content (BAC) than a blood test. This is because the breath testing machine, called an Intoxilyzer, is an indirect way to measure the actual level of alcohol in your blood.
- If your drivers’ license is confiscated by the officer who arrested you, you have only seven days to take action to avoid revocation of your driving privilege by the Colorado DMV.