LaszloLaw serves as counsel to wineries and wine-related businesses, including U.S. and international wineries, importers, distributors and retailers.
We counsel our clients in a wide array of business transactions, including distribution agreements, winemaker agreements, custom crush agreements, leases, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, franchise issues, production agreements, and many others. We routinely serve our outside general counsel to our wine clients, assisting with business matters such as business formation, re-organization, expansion, licensing, trademark, litigation, general business counseling.
Winery: Bonded winery, bonded wine cellar, taxpaid wine bottling house including hard cider.
LaszloLaw regularly assists our wine industry clients with:
- Business formation and structuring
- State and federal liquor licensing
- Complex Three-tier system matters
- Trademark registration, protection, enforcement and licensing
- Stock purchase agreements; assest purchase agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures
- Employment matters including independent contractor/employee issues
- Wine industry specific agreements including import/export agreements, distribution and wholesale agreements, custom crush agreements, alternating proprietor agreements, winemaking consulting agreements, wine broker agreements
- Distribution disputes, franchise issues
- Litigation and dispute resolution
State and Federal Liquor Licensing; Complex Three Tier Issues
- LaszloLaw assists new and established producers and distributors prepare and file State and Federal (TTB) license and permit applications for the manufacture, import/export, distribution and retail sale of wine products.
- Liquor licensing issues can be quite complex – especially when businesses operate in multiple states. We assist our clients in organizing investment and creating business structures to avoid licensing and three-tier system and tied house roadblocks stemming from common ownership of wine producers and retailers.
Winery Lawyers at LaszloLaw
Our Wine and Liquor lawyers are ready to assist your winery and wine related business. Whether obtaining TTB and state wine permits; including a Colorado limited winery license, or general business representation, our wine attorneys will start by addressing your needs and continue to provide guidance along the way. Your goals and bottom line are our priority. Contact the Colorado beverage lawyers at LaszloLaw today to discuss your needs.
Work With Us
Who is a “Manufacturer” Under Ohio Beer Franchise Law?
A recent Ohio case dealt with the question of who is a “manufacturer” under Ohio…
Responding to a Rule 45 Subpoena – Who Pays the Costs and Fees?
So, you or your client was served with a Rule 45 subpoena in a lawsuit…
Areas of Practice
Commercial & Business
Our Boulder-based law firm represents companies and individuals in a wide array of disputes.
Outside General Counsel
LaszloLaw routinely serves as outside general counsel for businesses of all sizes throughout the country.
We regularly counsel clients on legal issues arising among the “three tiers” of liquor businesses.
LaszloLaw practices preventative law to address and resolve issues before headed to litigation.