We know your restaurant or business is like your baby.
The restaurant and hospitality industries present particular and unique legal challenges, and as your business grows and changes, so will your legal needs. LaszloLaw advises restaurants on a vast range of issues, whether those clients are a one-store operation or a national chain.
LaszloLaw regularly provides legal counsel to businesses in the following matters:
- Business organization and Formation including restructuring restaurants to shield clients’ potential liability to employees, customers, independent contractors, and other third parties.
- Lease and Landlord issues including negotiation and preparation of your commercial lease.
- Negotiating, preparing and reviewing contracts and agreements with service providers and vendors.
- Intellectual Property management including trademark registration and enforcement and trade secret protection of recipes, processes and any proprietary products developed and marketed by you.
- Employment disputes and litigation including defense of discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, EEOC charges and administrative proceedings, and the enforcement of non-disclosure agreements and non-compete agreements.
- Employment handbooks, hiring and firing, employee contracts, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Liquor license issues including restaurant license applications, license compliance, defending license violations.
- Employee benefit plans including performance bonuses, stock options (ESOPs), 401(k) plans, matching contributions.
- Franchisor/franchisee relationship matters including preparing, negotiating and reviewing franchise agreements, and assessing and minimizing the risks associated with franchisor control over franchisees’ day-to-day business operations.
- Mergers and Acquisition, purchase, transfer or sale of business assets including property, inventory and equipment.
- Negotiation, preparation and reviewing restaurant management agreements.
Contact our Colorado Restaurant lawyers – we are ready to assist with your individual and business needs. Having more than 45 years in civil litigation and business and commercial law experience, our Boulder restaurant attorneys stand ready to provide you and your business with the representation you need.
Work With Us
What’s The Difference Between Contract Brewing and an Alternating Proprietorship?
The key differences between Contract Brewing and an Alternating Proprietorship are control of the brewing…
Who is a “Manufacturer” Under Ohio Beer Franchise Law?
A recent Ohio case dealt with the question of who is a “manufacturer” under Ohio…
Areas of Practice
Commercial & Business
Our Boulder-based law firm represents companies and individuals in a wide array of disputes.
Outside General Counsel
LaszloLaw routinely serves as outside general counsel for businesses of all sizes throughout the country.
We regularly counsel clients on legal issues arising among the “three tiers” of liquor businesses.
LaszloLaw practices preventative law to address and resolve issues before headed to litigation.